Music fills my soul. Being in love fills my soul. So, naturally, I like to bring these two together.
I have my favorite lines from love songs and when I gather them all in one place they tell me a story and I learn what’s important to me.
Here they are:
- “When a man’s in love, he only has one story” – Penny Lover by Lionel Ritchie
- “From our first meeting, I had the feeling, the rest of my life I’d spend with you” – Send Me a Lover by Celine Dion
- “And by far, you are more beautiful than any thing I ever knew”- If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful by Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson
- “I still believe true love never ends” – I Still Believe by Brenda Starr
- “Every breath I’m deeper in to you, soon we two are standing still in time” – Crazy for You by Madonna
- “Once in every life, someone comes along. And, you came to me, it was almost like a song” – It Was Almost Like a Song by Ronnie Milsap
- “For a chance to be with you, I’d gladly risk it all” – Through the Fire by Chaka Khan
- “With you lying next to me, feels like I can hardly breathe” – Every Time I Look At You by Il Divo
- “What if I never met you, where would I be right now, funny how life just falls in place somehow?” – Nobody Loves Me Like You Do by Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson
Words are always subject to interpretation. When I look at the lyrics that resonate with me, it is clear what I value in a romantic relationship. It’s finding the right partner with whom you have strong chemistry, it’s commitment and a true connection.
Some people like to meditate to find peace or relax. I love to listen to music that means something to me. There are so many songs I enjoy and I’ve shared a few of them. They are my form of meditation. They make me smile. They remind me of what I appreciate in a relationship and that I don’t ever want to become complacent. Relationships require a consistent and genuine effort and music supports my efforts to keep mine strong.
What’s the soundtrack of your love?
Interested in listening to these songs in full? I’ve created a playlist of them on my YouTube channel for you. Just click play below!